What Is A Shuffle
The shuffle is an important transitional skating movement that is often untaught.
The key components of the shuffle is that your force is produced by:
- Shifting your center of mass
- You're on the outside edge of your front foot
- You're on the inside edge of your back foot
- Having soft ankles to generate your movement
- Not pushing - but shifting your weight foot to foot
Since the shuffle is both untaught and commonly used by top NHL skaters, it's a great opportunity for players looking to level of their game.